This is a beast’s bowl to kick-off the morning right! Use this recipe to transform your plain porridge or typical jam variation into this ultimate fuel.
What you’ll need :
Plain porridge sachet (usually 33g packet)
Chocolate protein spread (recommended to use Grenade spread) – if not then a low sugar option
Milk (recommended semi-skimmed but any to taste)
How to do it :
- Empty your porridge sachet into a bowl
- Fill empty sachet with milk to guided line then add to bowl
- Microwave porridge to desired consistency (usually around 1 minute 30 seconds to about 2 minutes)
- Take out and add a tablespoon of your chosen chocolatey spread to your porridge and stir in till completely mixed (can be more on less dependent on choco desires)
- Sprinkle in flax seeds and flaked almonds and then top with walnut pieces
- Slice up a banana into thin circles and add into the bowl.
- Now drizzle honey across the top (can sub this for golden syrup on a cheat day!)
Remove the honey, flaked almonds and walnut pieces to reduce the calories and fat content of this recipe, specifically when on the end phase of a cutting cycle!
Got any creative recipes you’d like to share? Contact us and you could feature in our next recipe spotlight!